Place the Register/Login links on top and make the provision to open them with a pop-up. This will make it prominent and help increase the number of sign-ups. Keep the sign up process explicit with fields like:
- * Name
- * Email ID
- * Password
- * Confirm Password
- * Phone Number
Just like registration feature, a special pop up can be dedicated for login purpose with fields like:
Features for Sellers:
1. Post an Ad
Like any other classified ads website, yours also needs a form to list their products. Below are the main highlights of this feature:
- * Every ad requires a title.
- * Images to be uploaded.
- * YouTube videos can be added.
- * A long description.
- * Special price section.
- * Paid option to make an ad stand out.
- * Contact info (email and phone number) with contact person’s name.
2. Phone Verification
All ads posted on the website must undergo an account verification. This can be done through a code which sent to seller’s mobile number. This feature helps fight spam to a great extent.
3. Manage Ad Tools/ User Profile
Once a seller has listed a product on the website, he should be provided a dashboard to manage the posted ads. Highlights of this ad management feature are:
- * Posted ad can be edited, deleted or promoted.
- * Sellers can see the number of views received on their ads.
- * Detailed statistics including views, listing views, email replies & time bumped.
Features for Buyers
It is very essential to attract a huge number of visitors on your classifieds website. Let’s see what features will make your classified ad portal appealing to buyers.
1. Search Feature
The search feature is the backbone of every classified ads website. Professionals from FATbit Technologies studied the search feature of leading classified ad platforms and came to the conclusions that yours should include:
- * Instant suggestions
- * Category suggestions along with keyword suggestions.
- * Option to search a product in a particular category.
- * Location filter as part of the search bar.
- * Filter options to refine the search results.
2. Favorites & Saved Searches
Favorites and saved searches help users to review the ads they have liked and saved, eliminating the need of searching through thousands of listings again. So, there should be the feature to save classified listings to wish list. All the listings marked as favorite should appear in the “Favorites” section which can be added in the top navigation.
3. Map Integration on Ad Page
Map integration lets a buyer know the location of seller. The location should be marked automatically based on the area filled by the buyer while listing the product. This is yet another highly recommended feature for your classified ad clone.
4. Report a Classified Ad
Classified ad websites must take stringent measures to fight spam. Add a special “Report” form on each page which should allow users to report irrelevant or misleading ads. Some websites also have dedicated teams to find and remove spammy content from sites. So, in addition to ‘mark as spam’, you can also take manual action.